jeudi 15 juin 2017

Jump Ahead! Do not miss this rendez-vous with yourself!


Only 1% of the people in the world is taking risks to achieve his/her life dream.

This is the result of some recent studies on the matter. I hate this kind of depressing information. But this is conflictingly the kind of information that rises my concern. Not only because I am part of a motivation-mentoring program, but because this is something that in spite of my go-getter and audacious behavior, I understand for having been at “hesitation-land” a numerous number of times in my life. And I can tell that when you are standing-still-stuck once, it gets you a certain time and energy to rise up and be able to move forward. 


Your reasons for not doing it… actually ARE the reason you should do it.

Now what happens is that we get weakened by our bad or traumatic life experiences and by our responsibilities (I do confirm that the youth audacity clearly and rapidly disappears when you become parent). And this is something understandable. There will always be more “acceptable” excuses from people having big family, social or professional responsibilities and from people who have gone through specific bad experiences for not taking risks in life. And you may add to the weakening list a thousand other reasons for not going ahead with one’s goals, like  the fact of getting older, waiting for the right moment, having more funds, etc.

Whatever may be your life project (a business to launch, to develop, a passion that you want to live, a family to build, bringing your soul to higher grounds, etc.), you have your deep personal reasons to do it, but also your reasons for not doing it.

Now, you can make the following exercise in listing not each of the deep reasons for which you want it (because this is already very clear in your head as mid and long term objectives), but the reasons for not doing it. And transform them into reason for doing it. Keep in your mind all the way that issues are nothing but objectives to achieve.

Hereunder are some eventual reasons that are essentially linked to the fact of starting one’s own business, but you could apply it to any other situation.
Family reasons:
-        - "I can’t pawn my family and my responsibilities only in order to fulfill my dreams", turns into: "My family responsibilities and our collective future is the reason for which I decide to jump ahead with my projects. I want my life to be my children’s example, they are the reasons for which I need my projects to exist, to develop and to succeed".
-        - "I have accrued monthly charges that I need to consider for the moment" => "My current accrued charges are the reasons for which I need to move faster, forward and in a stronger way".

Take your passion, make it happen! You're jumping for your life!


Bad experiences:
-        - "Some experiences have really badly ended in the past and this is not something I wish to reproduce" => "I need my past experience to allow and to prove myself that I am able to go ahead with the lessons that I have learnt from my past". 

Time:
-           - "I do not have any time to spare for my project at the moment" =>  "My current lack of time IS the reason for which I need to try it for myself, in order to get all the time I require for myself in the future".

Age:
-        - "I am too old for this now" => "The time I have left before me now IS the reason for which I want to jump in, in order to tell myself that at least, I have done it".

Money:
-       - "I need funding to start this project of mine because I am financially short at the moment" => "My current lack of funding IS the reason I need to go forward and allow myself to make a living out of my activities and develop enough incomes to stop with the lack of money".

Opportunity:
-         - "I am waiting for a good opportunity to start doing the things that I plan to do" => "My project IS the opportunity to begin, and with it will come some other ones".

Etc.

You may consider it as a way too simplistic but when you go down deep in it, you will realize that it is not.


Not doing things we are called to d bring serious effects in the long run.

Have you ever gotten this feeling of looking back in time and thinking about the things that you should have done then and which you still haven't realized yet? Didn’t you ever tell yourself at least once that “if you had done it then, the impacts would have been less serious today”?

Things that you are meant to do at a certain moment, and that you still don’t look at are like a crack in your wall. When finding excuses for not repairing it (for material reasons, time, lack of resources or for whatsoever reason), you only give the crack time to go deeper and wider. I talked about a crack in the wall, but it could either be a tooth decay that you constantly postpone to bring to the dentist, a relation that you don’t allow yourself to get rid of, a baby or family that you don’t dare to build, etc.

Things that are meant to be done should be done in the given time for a reason. Passed a certain delay, the non-realization of certain things causes more and more important and serious impacts.

The first try is the hardest but it leads to so capital achievements!


The main point is not about “Why we do not jump in”, but about “How we CAN jump in”.

Now, we usually spend a lot of time explaining our human reasons for not doing something. While actually we should focus more on HOW we can do it.
Ok, there are there numerous reasons that get our energy weaker on the way. And there is this famous myth about how human beings fear the unknown. This is somewhat of ridiculous. It is like saying that human beings were not made for taking risks in life because their core nature is to fear the unknown. Allow me to wrong this myth of the human fearfulness! My deep conviction is that the human nature IS daring and that everyone was born courageous.   

The biggest proof of this is our first life experience. If the human nature wasn’t destined to take risks, to try and to win, there wouldn’t have been this spermatozoid race at the outset, this historic great transition of our lives -from the warmth of a loving belly to the cold ambient air of a so called unfriendly world.
And when you consider that (be it for humans or for animals) every little step of our lives requires taking a certain risk: learning to walk as a baby, teaching our own children to do so, passing exams, smiling at someone we do not know, etc., there should be no logical reason to the statement that the human nature is not acquainted to risk taking.

Therefore, whatever your life experiences, do not allow people’s opinion, myths or data to stop you from reaching your goal!
You may have fallen down once, twice or several times. But you also have achieved a millions others things besides! The way you did it then, is way you will make it out again now, one step after another.
The first one will be the hardest but it will be supported by your enriched experience of the past and by your firm conviction that this first step that you make leads you to this best part of your life. 

Try it for yourself! Do not miss this precious rendez-vous with yourself! ©



Make It Happen!Mada
Personal & professional motivation-mentoring program.
Skype: cid-ar



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Les jaloux: des écorchés vifs de la vie?

Et alors? Mais tous les écorchés vifs (et il y en a) n'em... pas le monde pour autant!   Que les jaloux aient bâclé ou raté des étapes c...